Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Heading Home


Another OSA layout challenge, this one was a little strange for me! When I saw all the triangles, I immediately thought of the Japanese Fishing Boat in the Art Neko marine series, and then tried to fit other images with it to make a coherent story following the layout design. The boat is stamped and embossed on a hand colored piece of cardstock created with glimmer mists (Tattered Angels) and polished pigment powders (Luminarte). The triangle behind that one was a shimmery lilac cardstock that I decorated with scattered stars. The small circle design of Sun on Waves was stamped and embossed with silver on a piece of purple cardstock and cut out with a one-inch punch. The smallest triangle was cut from a larger image created with a Fred Mullett woodcut-design stamp. I liked the story suggested by all the pieces combined, and I thought the panel shapes and the designs of the stamps worked very well together. All of the stamped panels were arranged on a piece of purchased, hand-painted and marbled art tissue that picked up the blues and purples in the triangular panels.

No comments: