Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Jellyfish at Sea

I just love this Japanese Jellyfish image with the calligraphy poem! This one was stamped in black ink and embossed with detail black embossing powder on a background that I made using a resist technique and glimmer mist sprays. The Judikins crashing wave stamp was stamped randomly with Ranger resist ink on a sheet of Bristol smooth art paper. I then sprayed the sheet of paper with different colors of blues and pearl glimmer mist sprays from Tattered Angels. Finally, I overstamped the design with the crashing wave stamp and Memories white ink. Because of the mica powders in the sprays, I sprayed the background paper with a workable fixative to give it a smoother finish to accept the ink on the jellyfish stamp. The jellyfish panel was trimmed to size and then mounted onto alternating panels of white and marine blue. The first blue panel was decorated with a rope border made with a Fiskars border punch.

No comments: