Friday, March 20, 2009

Japanese Papers
A Lot of Projects and Samples this Week--To see all this week click Older Post thru to Washi Eggs!

Who can resist beautiful papers, especially Japanese decorative papers commonly referred to as Washi or Yuzen? I know I can't resist all the textures, colors, prints that are found in paper shops around the world. While some husbands might complain about those paper stashes some of us have, my husband considered my paper obsession a blessing. While wives were out purchasing the latest fashions, fancy jewelry and other expensive souvenirs while traveling--I only wanted to go to paper shops and used book stores. Paper is a relatively cheap obsession. Like the toddler who spends more time with the packaging of his or her Christmas or birthday present, I could be ecstatic by the rough textured TP in the restrooms of Budapest (much more suited for art projects than it's intended purpose, if you ask me!), cocktail napkins in Japan or Germany, foil wrappers from chocolates or confections and on it goes. But I do have to say that my greatest love is for the elegant decorative papers of Japan. They can be a bit pricey, but a little bit can go a long way. Our Japanese decorative papers are limited to what is in stock. If we are out of a paper we will notify you as to whether it will be restocked and the likely wait time and you can choose to receive a refund or to substitute a different pattern. I hope you enjoy the samples this week of projects using these papers. We have quite a few projects here this week so be sure to read all the way through to Washi Easter Eggs at the end of this segment on Washi papers.

No comments: